Eliso is a 1928 Soviet silent movie adventure directed by Nikoloz Shengelaia .    It was made in the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic .
It was released in the United States in 1929 by Amkino under the alternative title of Caucasian Love .
The film is set in the 19th century. To consolidate its power in the Caucasus region, the Russian government intends to evict the Chechens from the Russian empire . A cossack Ataman fraudulently obtains signatures from illiterate residents for a petition which calls for resettlement to Turkey , by disguising it as a request for permission to stay on their land to the governor-general of the Muslims of the Verdi mountain aul . The daughter of the village elders, KhevsurianVajia, who is a Christian. He is seeking the abolition of the Chechens expel, but his efforts to save the village are futile. Residents have already been banished from their homes and leave the village. Vajia has a kafir has no right to leave them out of their homes. Eliso can not accept the fate of an outlaw, she sneaks into the village at night which is already inhabited by the Cossacks, and sets fire to it.
- Aleksandre Imedashvili as Astamur
- Kokhta Karalashvili as Vajia
- Kira Andronikashvili as Eliso
- I. Mamporya as Seidulla
- Tsetsilia Tsutsunava as Zazubika
- Aleksandre Jorjoliani as General
- K. Gurianov as Billeting officer
- I. Galkin as Constable Village
- Marika Chimishkian as Muslimati
Sergei Eisenstein Expressed to Ivor Montagu That There Were Two Good only portrayals of the lezginka in film, and That’s in Shengelaya Eliso was better than in October: Ten Days That Shook the World , the movie he directed. 
- Jump up^ Christie & Taylor p.428
- ^ Jump up to:a b Jay Leyda (1960). Kino: A History of the Russian and Soviet Film . George Allen & Unwin . p. 273.
- Jump up^ “Колония певчих дроздов” . Kommersant .